Released in August 2016, the new Michigan’s Support for Older Adults Portal (Mi-SOAP) has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide a better user interface, implement new features, and address user feedback to provide a quality user experience. Additionally, Mi-SOAP now has a public site, allowing seniors and other members of the community to better connect with the resources seniors need most.
Mi-SOAP now includes these important and most requested features:
- Full site search capabilities;
- Additional resources, including Elder Abuse Prevention resources;
- Integrated screening tools;
- Access to more benefit applications;
- Streamlined application processes;
- An active discussion community;
- And, real time support for MiCAFE Network Partners.
As you get yourself acquainted with the new Mi-SOAP.org, we are continuing to add new functionality and tools!
Now, you will notice we have released a new Key Benefits Screening. Highlights of this new Key Benefits Screening (KBS) include:
- A new screening for Lifeline, a service that provides cell phone or landline discounts to eligible individuals. We have included the link to the application on Mi-SOAP.org. As with any application, you can always refer yourself to ELM straight from the screening if you would like our help;
- A screening for weatherization services in Southeastern Michigan.
Additionally, MiCAFE Network Partners can now access one client information survey for all benefit applications. If you have a client that you are helping with multiple applications, you only need to put their information in once and you will have all of the applications available to you following the survey. We hope that this helps with convenience and efficiency in the application process.
Interested in becoming a MiCAFE Network Partner? Visit Mi-SOAP.org and apply to join the MiCAFE Network today!