by Rachael Savoie, Office Manager
March 23rd is National Puppy Day. National Puppy Day was founded in 2006 by Celebrity Pet & Home Lifestyle Expert Colleen Paige. Paige is also the founder of many other National Pet Days and has devoted her life to creating special days of recognitions that improve the lives of animals and their people. This day is to celebrate the magic puppies bring to our lives and more importantly, it’s a day to help save orphaned puppies across the world and educate the public about puppy mills.
Here are just a few ways you can celebrate the day. For the complete list you can go to visit the National Puppy Day website.
- Adopt a puppy from your local shelter, rescue or purebred rescue organization.
- Are you prepared for puppy parenting? Start off on the right paw! Hire a professional that can help you.
- Donate money, food and toys to your local shelter.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their puppy.
- Have a puppy party and invite all your friends and their puppies!
- Join a fun, dog friendly community online and post pics of your puppy for the world to ooh and ahh over!
- Host a community event to raise money for your local animal shelter.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a puppy or play with a puppy, clean cages, or anything else they need help with.