For many seniors, this annual day of love can be just another day. Here are a few suggestions on how you may brighten Valentine’s Day for that special senior in your life.
- Have flowers delivered, or deliver them yourself if you live nearby;
- If your loved one has old letters from the love of their life, dust them off and read them together;
- A special treat is even sweeter when it’s shared, so sit together for awhile and share something yummy;
- Get the kids involved – Seniors love homemade Valentines, even better if they include a recent photo;
- Share a special breakfast or lunch and stories of your loved one has shown they love you;
- Frame an old photo of you with your senior, include a card about how much they mean to you;
- Continue a tradition they may have shared with their late spouse; and,
- Be there – Your time and presence can add happiness to a day that may have otherwise been lonely.