The Upper Peninsula Financial Abuse Specialists Enhanced Multidisciplinary Team (U.P. FAST EMDT) is a group of committed Professionals and Specialists from various social and community agencies, dedicated to collaboration and coordination of efforts to combat and prevent elder abuse and financial exploitation.
The goal of the U.P. FAST EMDT is to create communities that are better able to recognize, combat & prevent elder abuse and financial exploitation, and to provide better access to services for older and vulnerable adults.
- We offer a central response point to coordinate the efforts of local agencies/organizations.
- We can: review complex cases of elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation.
- Offer recommendations re: assessments/ interventions.
- Facilitate the flow of information between agencies.
- Coordinate the provision of services to older and vulnerable adults.
- Provide training/cross-training opportunities to member agencies.
- Promote community awareness, education/ prevention, and outreach.
Learn more: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day | USC CEM #WEAAD