By Vonda Van Til, Social Security Public Affairs SpecialistSocial Security Column
There’s no better place to do your business with us or get answers than on our website. We’re always working to improveour web pages and add online services to better serve you. Here are our top 10 web pages of 2021:
1. Open your own my Social Security account, where you canverify your earnings, view your Social Security Statement, get future benefit estimates, obtain a benefit verification letter, update your Social Security information if you receive benefits, and more, at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
2. Our hub for Social Security news and updates is our blog at blog.socialsecurity.gov. You can use social media to easily share these informative articles with friends and family.
3. Need answers to your Social Security–related questions? Our Frequently Asked Questions web page is another valuable source of information at www.ssa.gov/faq.
4. You can complete and submit our online application for retirement benefits in as little as 15 minutes at www.ssa.gov/retirement.
5. You can conveniently apply online for disability benefits at www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability.
6. Visit our publication library online (including audio versions) on key subjects at www.ssa.gov/pubs.
7. You can learn about Medicare at www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare.
8. You can take care of most business with us online when you visit our online services page at www.ssa.gov/onlineservices.
9. There are times when you may need to fill out a form and submit it to us. You can find all our forms easily at www.ssa.gov/forms.
10. Learn how to recognize Social Security scams and how to report them at www.ssa.gov/fraud.
Remember, if you need help, information, or you are ready to do business with Social Security, the first place to go is our website. Save time and go online!
Please share these web pages with your friends and family.
Vonda Van Til is the Public Affairs Specialist for West Michigan. You can write her c/o Social Security Administration, 3045 Knapp NE, Grand Rapids MI 49525 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.